AZ ASCD Presents
Blurred Lines: Empowering Educators to Navigate Ethical and Professional Boundaries
About This Transformative Training:
An ethical workplace is one that has well established codes of both professional and personal conduct. In an era where ethical dilemmas and professional boundaries are increasingly complex, "Blurred Lines: Empowering Educators to Navigate Ethical and Professional Boundaries" offers a deep dive into the nuances of ethical decision making in education. Tailored for educators at all levels, this training is an essential step towards fostering a safe, respectful and professional educational environment.
- Foundational Understanding of Ethics in Education: Delve into the history and evolution of ethical standards in the teaching profession
- Professional Conduct and Decorum: Master the do's and dont's of teacher-student, teacher-parent, and educator-educator interactions.
- Ethical Decision Making: Learn frameworks for making ethical decisions in complex, real-world situations.
- Legal Aspects and Compliance: Get up-to-date with legal obligations, including privacy laws and reporting requirements.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Develop a robust understanding of ethical principles and their application in education.
- Acquire skills to recognize and effectively manage ethical dilemmas.
- Be equipped with tools to uphold professional integrity and foster a positive learning environment.
- Receive resources for continuous learning and ethical practice.
- Obtain and Professional Development Certificate, contributing to their career growth.
This workshop is intended for: Teachers (Especially Novice and Alternate Pathway Entrants); School Administrators and Principals; Counselors and Special Education Professionals; Educational Policy Makers; Students Pursuing Education Degrees.
Your Registration Fee includes:
- Practical, research proven strategies to lead the establishment of ethical and professional guidelines
- A Resource Handbook with practical application of skills learned
- Administrative and teacher CEU hours will be available
Onsite Meeting Location:Gilbert Public Schools Community Education Center
6839 E. Guadalupe Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85212
SE Corner of Power Rd. and Guadalupe Rd.
Your Workshop Leaders:
Dr. Melissa Sadorf has extensive experience in leading school improvement efforts, including the creation of ethical expectations and relationships, both in and out of the classroom. During her career she has supported hundreds of educators to transform their organizations. She has national consulting experience and has authored a principal leadership book. Learn more at www.velaconsultants.com.
Alicia Williams served previously as the Executive Director of the Arizona State Board of Education and currently works with Governing Boards across Arizona on Boardsmanship, goal setting, and conflict management. She also consults nationally as a policy expert for education groups.
See what your colleagues are saying about their work with Melissa Sadorf:
"One of the most practical and important professional learnings I've ever attended. This will help me with staff retention." Superintendent - Montana
"Dr. Sadorf brings a wealth of experience to this conversation and can share in a practical and empathetic manner." Principal - Pennsylvania
"The activities were set up in a way that really helped me understand how I can build great relationships with my students that are productive." Teacher, Arizona
**Registration is limited to the first 100 participants. Reserve Your Spot Now! Embark on a Path to Ethical Excellence in Education!**